Learn to Dance – Six Count Swing
Thursday 10 October 2019
18 h 00 min - 19 h 00 min
We’re back for three weeks. Come and try swing dancing! We’re going to teach Six Count Swing. No experience needed. If the gender balance is out we will revert to a solo jazz or blues class.
This is a beginner level class requiring no prior dance experience.
Class starts at 6pm please arrive at 5.45 if you’ve never been there before
Wear: Comfortable clothes and flat shoes. Slippery shoes are best.
Cost is 500 Rs per night
If you require enclave access you must register by Wednesday morning before class via https://bit.do/islooswing
If you don’t require access, just come along. If you’re thinking of coming just register. (it’s free to register)
Enclave access will be through Gate 2 (MFA Gate) we will try through Gate 4 Saudi Shams but the police don’t always allow it.a
The venue is well air conditioned.
For intermediate students, if there are enough we will run a revision class afterwards.
If you need access to the diplomatic enclave YOU MUST REGISTER by Wednesday morning. This is police requirement and we can’t help you if you miss closing time.
Please read the FAQ before calling us.
• No you don’t need a partner but bringing a friend is much more fun.
• Class is taught in English
• Class is for men and women. We don’t discriminate.
• You will change partners on the night
• It is a series of classes drop in at any time.
• We don’t currently have ongoing classes.
• If you don’t register on time, we can’t help you gain access to the enclave. This is a diplomatic police requirement.
• If you don’t know where the club is allow an extra 15 minutes to arrive. Access is not always smooth.
• The Coolabah club is located on Street 30 next to UNHCR, near Gate 5
• Cost is 500 Rs per night
• The class is 50 – 60 minutes long
• Don’t overthink just come along and try, you’ve got nothing to lose.
Swing dance is a group of dances that evolved from America in the 1920’s – 1940’s. Swing today is danced all over the world to swing/jazz music. It’s easy to learn, great way to get moving and a great way to meet people in a friendly safe environment.
Oren has been dancing swing since 2001 having traveled around the world to learn and dance with some of best. It is a truly international Dance. Oren has been teaching swing dance for over 10 years. You’re in safe hands.